- “Cutting deforestation in its tracks with affordable healthcare” by Katie McCrory on Virgin Unite.
- “Saving the Rainforest with a Stethoscope?” by Alison Pace on NOW! Jakarta.
- “Do Populatiom, Health, and Environment Projects Work? A Review of the Evidence” by Carolyn Lamere in the Wilson Center’s New Security Beat.
- “Portland group honored for preserving forests, orangutan habitat in Borneo” by Steve Law in the Portland Tribune.
- Health In Harmony is selected to be featured in the Sustainia100, an annual guide for the world’s most innovative solutions. Find us on page 135, courtesy of Sustainia.
- “Radical Listening: Scaling Health Care Delivery and Conservation” interview with Dr. Kinari Webb by Rachel Pohl on Global Health Delivery Project.
- “Climate Story #2: Health and environment intertwine in Borneo” blog by Lauren Herbert on 360bybike.com.
- “Reforestation programs may help reduce illegal logging in Indonesian Borneo” by Ariel Mark on Mongbay.com.
- “The Real Reason Deforestation Happens Has Nothing to Do With Wood” by Zachary Slobig on Take Part.
- “Healthcare, Environmental Conservation Come Together in Indonesia” interview on WorldBrief on HuffPost Live.
- “Why Do We Volunteer To Help People in Other Countries?” interview on The Faith Middleton Show on WNPR.
- “Saving Lives and Rainforest: An Interview with Kinari Webb, MD of ASRI Medical Clinic, West Kalimantan” by Stephanie Brooks on NOW! Jakarta.
- “Conservation Medicine: Be a Doctor, Save the Planet” by Stefan Wheat on UVM College of Medicine Blog.
- “West Kalimantan – Rays of Hope” by Clare McAlaney on Bali Soul Journals.
- “Next big idea in forest conservation? Offer health care for forest protection” by Liz Kimbrough on Mongabay.com.
- “Resuscitating the Rainforest,” by Jake Abrahamson in Sierra Magazine.
- “Could a Stethoscope Save a Coral Reef?” by Camia Dimock and Jjessica Deane Rosner in Brown Medicine Magazine’s Field Notes.
- “Harmony in the Forest: Improving Lives and the Environment in Southeast Asia” by Swara Salih in the Wilson Center’s New Security Beat.
- “Discussing the Social Entrepreneurial Movement as a Means of Provoking Normative Change in West Kalimantan, Indonesia: An Interview With Kinari Webb” by Bethany Kois in the Austrian Journal of South-East Asian Studies, issue 6(1).
- “A Trip To Borneo“, by Dr. Jim and Lauri Young, in The Iowa Family Physician.
- “Pregnant in Rural Borneo: What I Learned About Doctoring,” by Dr. Aaliya Yaqub for children’s healthcare website DrGreene.com.
- “Chainsaws and Stethoscopes,” Dr. Kinari Webb’s TED talk about ASRI and the Health In Harmony model, presented at TEDxJakarta.
- “Back to Basics in Borneo: Why Rheumatologists Are Meant For Medical Missions,” article by Heidi Splete, featuring Dr. Daniel Albert, in Rheumatology News.
- “Where the Wild Things Are: Travels of a Conservationist” a book by Stanley Johnson features Dr. Hotlin.
- “Borneo Rallies to Reverse a Trend of Fire Destruction,” article by Loren Bell in Wildfire Magazine.
- Outside Magazine ranks Health In Harmony in top 30 charities for citizen philanthropy in the article titled “The Year of Giving Adventurously“
- Video – “Saving the Rainforest with a Stethoscope – The Health In Harmony Model” – Kinari Webb speaks at Smith College, Northampton, MA.
- “Indonesian group strikes unusual bargain to save forest” in The Christian Science Monitor.
- Article “Indonesia Clinic Discounts Healthcare for Conservation Minded Communities” in Voice Of America.
- “Health And Harmony: Population, Health, and Environment in Indonesia,” blog by Kate Diamond in the Wilson Center‘s New Security Beat.
- “Alum talks deforestation” in the Yale Daily News.
- UNEP – Center for Migratory Species (CMS) Newsletter reports on “How Dentists are Saving Borneo’s Rainforest” in the CMS Bulletin ‘Ambassador Brief.’
- “How Dentists are Saving Borneo’s Rainforest” in The Independent.
- “Indonesian Dentist Helps Reforest Orangutan Habitat” in The Dental Tribune.
- “Borneo dentist, patients work to save rainforest, orangutans” in American Dental Association News.
- “Hotlin Ompusunggu: Merawat Gigi dan Konservasi” in TEMPO [article in Indonesian].
- “Hotlin Ompusunggu, Dokter Gigi Sekaligus Mantri Lingkungan” in Ciputra [article in Indonesian].
- Dr. Hotlin Ompusunggu wins the prestigious Whitley award.
- Video: “Dr. Hotlin Ompusunggu wins Whitley award” in The Telegraph.
- “Dr. Hotlin Ompusunggu receives Whitley Award from Princess Anne” in Antara News.
- Blog by Ann Littlewood.
- Video: Whitley Award Profile of ASRI and Hotlin Ompusunggu.
- Video: Hotlin Ompusunggu’s speech at the Whitley Awards.
- “Prize for dentist’s orangutan care project” in Dentistry.co.uk.
- “Apes in the News – Princess presents top conservation accolade to Indonesian health carer” in Ape Alliance.
- News Audio: “Dokter yang merangkap aktivis” from BBC Indonesia [in Indonesian].
- “Innovative Conservation Effort receives Whitley Fund for Nature award” from Ecological Evolution Group and Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden.
- “RI conservationist receives award from British royalty” in The Jakarta Post.
- “Program that cuts illegal logging by providing high quality health care in Borneo wins major conservation award” by Rhett Butler on Mongabay.com.
- Video: “Yayasan Lingkungan Kesehatan di Sukadana” [in Indonesian].
- “Dentist offers oral healthcare for orangutan ‘love’” from Preventative Dentistry.
- “ASRI’s Integrated Healthcare and Conservation Programming in Borneo” by Jenny Blair in the Wilson Center’s New Security Beat.
- Abstract: “The forest for the trees: tuberculosis control efforts in west Kalimantan” in Tropical Doctor by Marwa Shoeb, Diego Lopez di Castilla, and Paul Pottinger.
- “An alumna learns about low-resource medicine in Borneo: Chickens in the house, the price of clinical acumen, and the practice of medicine with few resources,” by Dr. Jennifer Blair in Yale Medicine.
- Video: “Conservation – Part 1” posted by Alam Sehat Lestari.
- Video: “Conservation – Part 2” posted by Alam Sehat Lestari.
- Video: “TB Part 1” posted by Alam Sehat Lestari.
- Video: “TB Part 2” posted by Alam Sehat Lestari
- Profile: “Kinari Webb: Saving Lives and Saving Rainforests [pdf]” in The Lancet by Priya Shetty.
- “The Planet Doctor” in Yale Alumni Magazine.
- “Quality Health Care is Saving the Rain Forest.” Article about the ASRI program in the on-line magazine Social Earth.
- PBS aired a story on our work on The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer. See also “Under-Told Stories” for a wonderful slide-show.
- Founder Receives Tikkun Olam (Healing of the World) Award from the Bethany United Church of Christ Church in Randolph, Vermont.
- Video of the mosquito net distribution and its links to our conservation and reforestation work.
- Founder featured as New Eco Role Model in O (Oprah) Magazine.
- Health In Harmony receives the Mongabay “Innovation in Conservation Award“. See the Mongabay website for an interview.
- “Saving Orangutans and Much Much More” by Ann Littlewood.
- The Nation magazine recommends Health In Harmony for a third year as a charity worth supporting!
- Article in New America Media: “Saving Lives, Saving Forests“.
- Article in Yale Medicine Magazine: “A life’s work in Indonesia“.
- Blog by Steffi Suhr about our work.
- Video clip on eyeglasses distribution. [QuickTime Video].
- Science Update Radio Podcast about Health In Harmony.
- Author of “Where There Is No Doctor”, David Werner writes about his impressions of our program. [pdf].
- The Nation magazine recommends for another year giving to Health In Harmony. [Link]
- “It takes at least a village” in Reed Magazine.